sábado, março 06, 2010

Do you realize what you lose?

Não tenho dúvida de que é fundamental existir e saber abraçar o "new thinking". Mas também tenho a certeza de que é fundamental saber o que se perde, principalmente quem nunca teve o que perdeu.

"- The other day I was in my doctor’s office, and what do you do in your doctor’s office? Wait. In the past I would be sitting and reading the magazines, I would be looking around the office looking for funny weird stuff and maybe something would strike me as a good story idea. Maybe I would just be looking at other people waiting. Who knows? Instead, I pull up my phone. Suddenly, I’m not looking around me anymore, I’m looking at the screen of my iPhone, and…
- You’re an ambivalent tweeter there Susan. I mean, you’re a star tweeter but you’re an ambivalent tweeter, I can hear it. I mean, David described that exact same thing except standing in line at Starbucks was his example. To him it was nothing but a good thing that he didn’t just have to stand in line in Starbucks, he could be tweeting while standing in line. He had saved that time, he had made productive use of that time. You are enough of an old thinker to realize you lose something when you’re not looking around at the Starbucks that you’re in."
http://www.newyorker.com/online/2010/02/22/100222on_audio_packer

Nenhum comentário: